Identifying cost effective methodologies creates meaningful reductions in overall electricity consumption and greenhouse gas emissions at water, wastewater and industrial facilities and generates significant cost savings and incentives.
Our team works with facility engineers and operators to identify typical operation of equipment and collect field data for a detailed analysis of equipment and systems energy usage. By conducting all field testing, metering, and monitoring, we create solutions free from theoretical assumptions and based on true operating conditions, resulting in the successful implementation of projects with measurable results.
- Energy audits of municipal and industrial facilities include:
- field testing of process equipment
- qualification of potential savings
- payback period based on proposed project cost
- development and implementation of energy reduction strategies to optimize facility operations
- submission reviews and equipment installation inspections for the utility
JKMuir’s expertise in demand response results in effective identification of available utility programs aimed at reducing demand during peak periods. Our experts have in depth awareness of available programs and stand ready to identify and estimate savings opportunities.
In addition, our team offers demand monitoring services that allow facilities to maintain ongoing tracking of energy usage and identify usage above a determined threshold.
Energy Efficiency Funding
JKMuir has assisted over 70 communities throughout southern New England in receiving grant and incentive funding through local utility energy efficiency programs. We are an approved vendor for energy efficiency projects through National Grid, Eversource and United Illuminating. In addition, JKMuir works in partner with design engineers to help maximize grant funding through energy-conscious design.
We identify savings opportunities including:
- maintenance upgrades
- instrumentation and controls enhancements
- capital improvement projects at water and wastewater treatment facilities
- integration of long-term energy efficiency into design and equipment selection for new and upgraded facilities